WIP Wednesday

IMG_2360start date: 14 October 2014
elapsed time: 3 weeks, 1 day
completeness: 40%

You might have noticed I took a week off from WIP Wednesday.

I was discouraged.  I spent all the last week of October rushing to finish the smalls’ Hallowe’en costumes, which turned out very well, I think, but rushing is demoralizing.  It’s hard to take pride in something you feel you threw together at the last second.

And then I spent virtually all of this week sewing on snaps.  It needed to be done, but it was mind-numbing.  I sewed SO MANY SNAPS– 39 snaps, which is 78 individual halves that needed sewing.  This marked only the second-ever occasion on which I have wanted a snap press.  I’m not about to buy a tool I’ll only use twice in six years, which means that I struggle through seemingly endless snaps sometimes.

But I didn’t want to post about snaps.

So this is the progress I’ve made on the acorn cap beret.  This is still the first one– I have *just* started the decreases at the crown of the hat.  It’s still a struggle, but when I look back on how far I’ve come, I feel validated.

Hopefully the second one will be faster, though!